- Interior surfaces
- Exterior surfaces
- Residential applications
- Commercial applications
- Heavy commercial applications
- Fire Rated up to 4 hours (1530.4-2014)
- Acoustic rated
- One component, no mixing required
- Low modulus 50% (±25%)
- Excellent durability
- Australian made
- Paintable (refer limitations)
- Non staining
- Does not support fungal growth
Can be used on:
- Insitu walls and floors
- Precast panels
- Tilt up panels
- Rendered Masonry
Not recommended for:
- Application to cement based substrates within 28 days of initial pour or set
- Use in trafficable joints greater than 10mm in width
- Application at temperatures below 5°C or above 35°C
- Exposure to water and/or alcohol before it has completely cured
- Wet tooling techniques, such as soapy water
- Application in less than 6mm in width and depth
Compliances and Accreditations
- Fire Test Certification AS 1530.4-1997 AS4072.1 and BS476-20 (REF: CSIRO FLO1785 and BOS S.02)
- CSIRO RILEM LONG - TERM SEALANT DURABILITY STUDY DBCE Doc.97/196(M)
- ISO 11600-Class F-25LM
- ASTM C.920-87 & 98 (USA) as Type S, Grade NS, Class 25, use NT, G, A, M and O as an external joint sealant
- DIN 18540 (German)
- SNJF (French)
Systems & Installation
1. Clean and dry all surfaces by removing foreign matter and contaminants such as laitance, oil, dust, grease, frost, water, dirt, old sealants, curing agents and any protective coating.
2. Dust and loose particles should be vacuum cleaned.
Priming of all surfaces is recommended to achieve stated performance properties. DO NOT USE METHYLATED SPIRITS OR TURPS.
1. Absorbent or porous substrates will allow a bead of water to easily soak into and wet out the surface of the substrate
2. For maximum performance on porous surfaces and in all periodically immersed and submerged applications, use Bostik N49 Primer (refer to the Bostik N49 Primer Technical Data Sheet)
3. Porous substrates not subject to immersion or ponded water e.g. vertical expansion joints in concrete or masonry structures so not require priming if clean, dry and uncontaminated.
1. Non-absorbent substrates will cause a bead of water to be retained on the surface of the substrate as a raised droplet. The droplet does not easily soak into the surface of the substrate.
2. Bostik Ultraseal is recommended for non-porous or burnished/overworked concrete substrate as per Bostik Ultraseal Technical Data Sheet.
3. Bostik N40 Primer is recommended for non-porous plastic and metal substrates.
4.Prime all plastics and metallic non-porous substrates with Bostik N40 Primer using the two-cloth method described below. E.g. UPVC outlets and pipe work: brass, copper fittings, stainless steel trays and flashings.
Bostik Fireban One should be dispensed from the sausage by means of a sausage barrel gun. Sausage application:
1. Clip the end of the sausage and place in a barrel gun
2. Screw the end cap and nozzle onto the barrel gun
3. Use the trigger to extrude the sealant. To stop; depress the catch plate. Apply Bostik Fireban One in a continuous operation using enough pressure to properly fill the joint. Tool off the surface of the sealant with an appropriate sized spatula or trowel.
Apply sufficient pressure to leave a smooth, consistent surface and ensure maximum contact with the interface of the joint.
Joint sealing hints:
- Prime prior to the installation of the backing rod
- Always use backing rod for correct sealant geometry & contact with the substrate - Ensure maximum adhesion to bond face and depth to width ratio of 1:1 for 10mm joints and 1:2 for joints over 10mm up to 50mm and 3:4 for some joints in specialist applications (refer to Application manual BOS 5.02 for specific joint Configurations). - Tool sealant to achieve concave shape
The estimated lineal metre yield per pack size is recommended in the following table. No allowance has been made for waste or irregular joint geometry.
The use of protective goggles, barrier creams and ointments, gloves and protective clothing is recommended. Cured material can be removed by mechanical means only. Aromatic solvent clean up is not recommended. Clean off uncured material and equipment immediately after use using Bostik Handy Wipe towels to remove adhesive from skin.
No compatible products found
Stockists & Pricing
Projects & Installers
No example projects listed
Bostik Fireban OneOne Part, Fire Rated, Intumescent Polyurethane Joint Sealant