- Interior and exterior use.
- Residential internal wet area work.
- Swimming pools, fountains & water features.
- Shower recesses, stalls and surrounds.
- Industrial and commercial bathrooms and laundries.
- Spas and hot tubs
- Kitchens and food processing areas.
- Terraces and balconies over occupied spaces.
- Counter tops and facades
- Steam rooms when used in conjunction with a vapour barrier
- Allows for fast time to flood test* .
- Does not require the use of fabric.
- Bonds directly to copper, steel, stainless steel and PVC for flashing to plumbing fixtures only.
- Thin; only 0.6 mm – 0.9 mm thick when cured.
- Changes in colour from a light sage to an olive green when dry.
- Changes in colour works as coverage guide during application.
- Anti-fracture protection of up to 3 mm over shrinkage and other non-structural cracks† .
- “Extra Heavy Service” rating per ASTM C627 “Robinson Floor Test”.
- Inhibits stain-causing mould and mildew growth in the substrate with antimicrobial product protection.
- Rapid drying for faster time to tile.
- Lighter colour for ease of inspection.
- Safe - no solvents and non-flammable.
- Install tile, brick and stone directly onto membrane.
- Can be fully immersed - permanently.
† For gaps 3 mm or less see Data Sheet TDS1003 * Refer to cautions section for more information on curing.
- Gypsum wallboard*
- Cement Backer Board^
- Cement Renders & Plasters
- Cement Mortar Beds
- Cement Terrazzo**
- Ceramic Tile and Stone**
- Cement and Brick Masonry**
- Exterior Glue Radiata Plywood*
* Interior application only. ** If skim coated with a LATICRETE® latex thin-set mortar. ^ Consult cement backer board manufacturer for specific installation recommendations and to verify acceptability for exterior use. ~ Some coated or treated boards may be suitable with further preparation. Consult LATICRETE.
- Do not bond to OSB, particle board, Luan, Masonite® or hardwood surfaces.
- Adhesives/mastics, mortars and grouts for ceramic tile, pavers, brick and stone are not replacements for a waterproof membrane. When a waterproof membrane is required, use HYDRO BAN® .
- The Installation of waterproofing membranes in submerged applications must be installed in a manner that creates a continuous "waterproof pan effect" without voids or interruptions. Therefore, applying waterproof membranes in limited areas (e.g. solely at the waterline) in submerged applications is not recommended.
- Must be covered with ceramic tile, stone, brick, dry pack thick bed mortar beds (non-submerged applications), terrazzo or other traffic bearing finish. Use protection board for temporary cover.
- Not for use beneath cement or other plaster finishes. Consult with plaster manufacturer for their recommendations when a waterproofing membrane is required under plaster finishes.
- Not for use under self levelling underlayments or decorative wear surfaces.
- Surfaces must be structurally sound, stable and rigid enough to support ceramic/ stone tile, thin brick and similar finishes
- Substrate deflection under all live, dead and impact loads, including concentrated loads, must not exceed L/360 for thin bed ceramic tile/brick installations or L/480 for thin bed stone installations and L/600 for all exterior veneer applications where L=span length.
- Do not use over dynamic expansion joints, structural cracks or cracks with vertical differential movement (See HYDRO BAN® How To Installation Guide, TDS1003, for complete instructions).
- Do not use over cracks >3 mm in width.
- Do not use as a vapour barrier (especially in steam rooms).
- Do not expose unprotected membrane to sun or weather for more than 30 days.
- Do not expose to negative hydrostatic pressure, excessive vapour transmission, rubber solvents or ketones.
- Do not install over plywood tubs/showers/fountains or similar constructs.
Compliances and Accreditations
Systems & Installation
No compatible products found
Stockists & Pricing
Projects & Installers
No example projects listed
Laticrete HYDRO BANSingle component, thin, load-bearing, waterproofing/crack isolation, liquid rubber polymer membrane