Waterproofing of concrete and masonry structures both new and old. Vandex BB75-Z is a cementitious membrane and does not rely on crystal growth to achieve its waterproofing. As a result, BB75-Z can be used on most masonry surfaces, including sandstone, provided that the surfaces are adequately prepared.
Vandex BB75-Z has been formulated using sulphate resisting cement making it ideal for application in sewerage environments. It can be applied to either the pressure or non-pressure faces of the concrete or masonry.
Vandex BB75-Z is excellent for solving the problem of water seepage through concrete and masonry in both new and old structures.
Vandex BB75-Z is ideal in applications where the high pressure face is not easily accessible. It is also ideal for waterproofing the inside face of swimming pools, sewerage processing tanks, concrete block walls and any masonry surface where crystal growth waterproofing will not be effective due to a lack of alkalinity in the substrate.
Other applications include; basement walls, lift pits, water storage and drainage tanks, sewer aqueducts etc.
- Abrasion resistant
- Applied to either the pressure or non-pressure face of concrete (positive or negative face)
- Approved for potable water contact
- Based on sulphate resisting cement making it suitable for use in sewerage processing tanks
- Works on masonry, brick, stone and concrete blocks where crystal growth treatments are not effective
- Suitable for permanent sunlight exposure after curing
- Tested to withstand a water head of 70 metres
- Colour compatible with the host concrete
- Can be applied to damp concrete
- Static cracks wider than 0.3 mm must be routed out to form a V-shaped groove with a hand or pneumatic chisel to a depth and width of approximately 25 mm. These larger cracks must be repaired by priming the chiselled out crack with two coats of Vandex Concrete Grey, followed by the application of Vandex Uni Mortar 1-Z to fill the rebate flush with the concrete surface. All of the above products must be installed green on green, before the previous layer has dried out.
- Live cracks cannot be waterproofed with Vandex BB75-Z. If the structure contains live cracks, Vandex BB75E-Z, an elasticised cementitious waterproofing membrane should be considered.
- Priming is not normally required on good quality concrete substrates, however all surfaces must be pre-watered before applying Vandex BB75-Z.
- All water seepage must be stopped using Vandex Plug prior to the application of Vandex BB75-Z. Do not attempt to apply BB75-Z over weeping or seeping substrates no matter how slow the seepage, as the BB75-Z will be damaged by the seepage water before it has a chance to cure.
- Surfaces treated with Vandex BB75-Z must be kept damp and must be protected from the drying action of direct sunlight for a minimum period of 5 days after application.
- Protect all treated surfaces from wind and frost, by covering with damp hessian / geotextile fabric (such as Emer-Proof Geotex, plastic sheeting or equivalent.
- Consult Parchem for specific advise on the use of Vandex BB75-Z in closed sewerage environments where sulphuric acid concentrations may be high.
Compliances and Accreditations
- AS 4020 (not verified by SpecCave)
Systems & Installation
Priming is not required on good quality concrete substrates. All surfaces must be pre-watered before applying Vandex BB75-Z.
In most waterproofing applications, Vandex BB75-Z is applied in two coats by brush, trowel or spray.
Specific minimum application rates are as follows;
Ground moisture - one coat by brush, trowel or spray at an application rate of 3.0 kg / m² / coat (total minimum layer thickness for one coat must be 1.5 mm).
Pressureless surface water - two coats by brush, trowel or spray at an application rate of 2.0 kg / m²/ coat (total minimum layer thickness for two coats must be 2.0 mm).
Water under pressure - two coats by brush, trowel or spray at an application rate of 3 kg / m² / coat (total minimum layer thickness for two coats must be 3.0 mm).
Note: the maximum total thickness of all coats of the BB75-Z system should not exceed 5 mm.
Curing: Surfaces treated with Vandex BB75-Z must be protected from rain, ponded water and the drying action of direct sunlight for a minimum period of 5-14 days after application.
Click to download: Vandex Application Guide
No compatible products found
Where so designated on the drawings, surfaces to be waterproofed shall have a surface applied, cementitious waterproofing membrane installed. The waterproofing must form an impermeable layer on the surface of the substrate and must not rely on crystal growth within the substrate in order to be effective. It must have a proven capability of sustaining pressures of 7.0 bar (70 metre water head) while maintaining its waterproofing integrity. The waterproofing treatment must have a compressive strength greater than 35 MPa and bending tensile strength greater than 5 MPa after 28 days water cure. The cementitious waterproofing membrane must have a modulus of elasticity greater than 1.8 x 104 MPa after 28 days cure. The setting time for the waterproofing must be in the range 2 - 4 hours and the bulk density for the dry powder before mixing must be in the range 1.30 - 1.50 kg/litre. The cementitious waterproofing membrane must be nontoxic and be capable of being applied to concrete and masonry surfaces by trowel, or as a slurry by brush or by spray application through a hopper gun. The waterproofing must be installed by a prequalified contractor nominated by the supplier and both the manufacturer and supplier must be accredited to ISO 9001. Vandex BB75-Z supplied by Parchem is such a product.
Stockists & Pricing
Projects & Installers
No example projects listed
Parchem Vandex BB75-ZSurface applied, cement based render, waterproofing barrier for positive and negative water pressure applications