- Suitable for restoration work (Principle 3, method 3.1 & 3.3 of EN 1504-9). Repair of spalling and damaged concrete in buildings, bridges, infrastructure and superstructure works.
- Suitable for structural strengthening (principle 4, method 4.4 of EN 1504-9). Increasing the bearing capacity of the concrete structure by adding mortar.
- Suitable for preserving or restoring passivity (principle 7, method 7.1 and 7.2 of EN 1504-9). Increasing cover with additional mortar and replacing contaminated or carbonated concrete.
- Suitable for use as a repair mortar prior to application of Sikagard 62 and 63N.
- Polymer modified for increased durability
- Easy to apply and superior finishing
- Suitable for hand and machine application
- Can be applied up to 75 mm thick per application layer
- Class R3 of EN 1504-3
- Low density but still suitable for structural repair
- Sulphate resistant
- Very low shrinkage behaviour
- Does not require a bonding primer even when manually applied
- Contains corrosion inhibitor
- Low permeability
- Refer to the Method Statement for Concrete Repair using Sika MonoTop® system for more information regarding substrate preparation or refer to the recommendations provided in EN 1504-10
- Avoid application in direct sun and/or strong wind.
- Do not add water over recommended dosage
- Apply only to sound, prepared substrate
- Do not add additional water during the surface finishing as this will cause discolouration and cracking
- Protect freshly applied material from freezing
Compliances and Accreditations
- EN 1504-3 - Class R3
- Rapid Chloride Permeability and Electrical Resistivity of SMT-352 NFG to ASTM 1202 dated 25.05.2010
- AS/NZS 4020
Systems & Installation
Sika MonoTop®-352 NFG is part of the range of Sika mortars complying with the relevant part of European Standard EN 1504 and comprising of:
Bonding Primer / Reinforcement Corrosion Protection:
Sika MonoTop®-910 N
SikaTop® Armatec® 110 EpoCem® (demanding requirements)
Sika MonoTop®-352 NFG Class R3 concrete repair hand and & machine applied
Levelling Mortar Sika MonoTop®-723 N
Sikagard®-720 EpoCem® (demanding requirements)
SUBSTRATE QUALITY / PRE-TREATMENT
Concrete: The concrete shall be thoroughly clean, free from dust, loose material, surface contamination and materials which reduce bond or prevent suction or wetting by repair materials. De-laminated, weak, damaged and deteriorated concrete and where necessary sound concrete shall be removed by suitable means.
Steel Reinforcement: Rust, scale, mortar, concrete, dust and other loose and deleterious material which reduces bond or contributes to corrosion shall be removed. Surfaces shall be prepared using abrasive blast cleaning techniques or high pressure water-blasting to Sa 2 (ISO 8501-1) Reference shall be made to EN1504-10 for specific requirements.
Sika MonoTop®-352 NFG can be mixed with a low speed (< 500 rpm) hand drill mixer or for machine application, using a force action mixer 2 to 3 bags or more at once depending the type and size of mixer. In small quantity, Sika MonoTop®-352 NFG can also be manually mixed. Pour the recommended water in a suitable mixing container. While stirring slowly, add the powder to the water and mix thoroughly at least for 3 minutes during the mixing time adding additional water if necessary to the maximum specified amount and adjust to the required consistency.
Bonding Primer: On a well prepared and roughened substrate a bonding primer is generally not required for this product. When a bonding primer is required, refer to the System Information above for compatible Sika products and refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet for instructions. All small amount of Sika MonoTop®-352 NFG can also be mixed slightly wetter than normal and used as a scratch coat to promote adhesion of the repair mortar to the substrate. Any bonding primer shall be applied on a pre-wet substrate and subsequent application of the repair mortar shall be applied wet on wet with the bonding primer. Reinforcement Corrosion Protection: Where a reinforcement coating is required the application of a repair mortar shall be applied wet on dry with the reinforcement corrosion protection. Refer to the System Information above for compatible Sika products and refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet for more detailed information about the reinforcement corrosion product. Sika MonoTop®-352 NFG can be applied either manually using traditional techniques or mechanically using wet spray equipment. Thoroughly pre-wet the prepared substrate a recommended 2 hours before application. Keep the surface wet and do not allow to dry. Before application remove excess water e.g. with a clean sponge. The surface shall appear a dark matt appearance without glistening and surface pores and pits shall not contain water. When manually applying first make a scratch coat by firmly scrapping the repair mortar over the substrate surface to form a thin layer and fill any pores or pits in the surface. Ensure the whole surface to be repaired is covered by the scratch coat. Build up layers from bottom to top by pressing mortar well into the repair area. The surface can be finished according to the requirements using a float while wet or with a relevant rough-cast tool as soon as the mortar has started to stiffen.
Protect the fresh mortar immediately from premature drying using an appropriate curing method e.g. curing compound, moist geotextile membrane, polythene sheet etc.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use. Hardened material can only be mechanically removed.
No compatible products found
Stockists & Pricing
Projects & Installers
No example projects listed
Sika MonoTop 352 NFGLight weight Class R3 repair mortar with corrosion inhibitor