- Exposed flat roofs.
- Concealed roofs.
- Green roofs.
- Outstanding resistance to weathering, including permanent UV irradiation
- Excellent weldability
- Excellent flexibility in cold temperatures
- Excellent dimensional stability
- High water vapour permeability
- High solar reflectance (in case of white color top layer)
- Available in various colors
- Reduced dirt pick-up due to lacquer coating
- The substrate surface must be uniform, smooth and free of any sharp protrusions or burrs. The supporting layer must be compatible to the membrane, clean, dry and free of grease and dust.
- The use of Sarnafil G 410 L membrane is limited to geographical locations with an average monthly ambient temperature in the range of -30 degrees C to +50 degrees C.
- Sarnafil G 410 L is not compatible with direct contact to other plastics, e.g. EPS, XPS, PUR, PIR or PF. Sarnafil G 410 L is not resistant to tar, bitumen, oil and solvent containing materials. Use and approved separation layer to completely separate Sarnafil G 410 L from any incompatible substrate.
- Temperature limits for the installation of the membrane:
Substrate temperature: -30 C min. / +60 degC max. Ambient temperature: -20 C min. / +60 %b0%b0C max.
- E (EN ISO 11925-2 / EN 13501-1)
Compliances and Accreditations
- EN 13956: Polymeric sheets for roof waterproofing, certified by notified body and provided with the CE-mark.
- GB 12952, Type G: Polymeric PVC sheets for waterproofing.
- JISA 6008: Polymeric sheets for roof waterproofing, certified by notified body CECN 09001 and provided with the JIS-mark.
- EN ISO 9001/14001 Quality management systems.
Accreditations / Certifications
- CE Mark
- JIS Mark
Systems & Installation
Sarnafil G 410 L is used as a detailing membrane in combination with Sarnafil S 327 L, Sarnafil G 410 L Felt and Sarnafil G 476.
Refer to the Sika Installation Manuals for single ply PVC membranes.
Sarnafil G 410 L is bonded to the substrate by a suitable Sarnacol adhesive (see Sarnacol product documentation).
Overlap seams are welded by electric hot air welding equipment, such as manual hot air welding machines and pressure rollers or automatic hot air welding machines with controlled hot air temperature.
Recommended type of equipment: Leister Triac PID (manual welding) and Sarnamatic 661plus (automatic welding)
Welding parameters including temperature, machine speed, air flow, pressure and machine settings must be evaluated, adapted and checked on site according to the type of equipment and the climatic situation prior to welding. The effective width of welded overlaps by hot air should be minimum 20mm.
The seams must be mechanically tested with screw driver to ensure the integrity / completion of the weld. Any imperfections must be rectified by hot air welding.
Installation works must be carried out only by Sika instructed and approved roofing contractors.
Temperature limits for the installation of the membrane:
Substrate temperature: -30 °C min. / +60 °C max. Ambient temperature: -20 °C min. / +60 °C max.
Installation of some ancillary products, e.g. contact adhesives / cleaners is limited to temperatures above +5 °C. Please observe information given by Product Data Sheets.
Special measures may be compulsory for installation below +5 °C ambient temperature due to safety requirements in accordance with national regulations.
No compatible products found
Projects & Installers
Failed bitumen sheet membrane replaced with Sika Sarnafil G410.
Replacement of existing failed membrane with Sika Sarnafil G410.
Residential Apartments, Waverton, NSW
Sarnafil G410 – 20EL is applied to 800 m2 of sheet metal roofing incorporating insulation boards, eliminating the need to re-roof.
Sika Sarnafil G 410 LMulti-layer, synthetic PVC waterproofing detailing membrane for roofing applications