Paraseal Saltwater is a multi-layer sheet membrane waterproofing system consisting of a self-sealing, expandable layer of bentonite laminated to an impermeable, high density polyethylene (HDPE). The dual components form a tough, high performance waterproofing membrane system manufactured in controlled thicknesses of 4.25mm to 5mm. Paraseal Saltwater is a sheet applied waterproofing membrane specially designed for waterproofing applications in areas where saline, alkaline, acid, etc. conditions exist.
Paraseal Saltwater is typically used in the following applications:
- Elevator pits
- Retaining walls
- Below grade waterproofing
- Below footing slab
- Piles, sheet piles, caisson walls
- Pre-applied blindside applications
- Dual layer waterproofing system provides redundancy and added security to the builder and owner that water will not enter.
- Can be installed 24 hours after the concrete formwork has been removed, allowing for a faster construction schedule.
- Does not need to cure, so backfill can commence as soon as the sheet has been installed.
- >30 years and millions of square meters installed all over the world demonstrate that the product is robust and can handle a variety of site conditions.
- The bentonite can expand up to 8 times its original thickness to stop water that may make it past the HDPE layer, providing a second layer of Failsafe protection.
- The robust HDPE layer provides significant (180kg/m2) of puncture resistance to ensure damage doesnt occur to the waterproofing membrane by careless trades.
- Chemically treated bentonite hydrates even in the presence of heavily salted/brackish water.
- Paraseal products require a minimum of 117kg/m2 of compaction/confinement.
- Paraseal LG is not to be installed over ponding or standing water or snow.
Compliances and Accreditations
Systems & Installation
No compatible products found
Projects & Installers
No example projects listed
Tremco Paraseal SaltwaterHDPE/Bentonite Dual Layer Sheet Membrane for Below Ground in the Presence of Brackish Water